Basic Policies for Ministries
Organizations Regarding Events / Fundraising in the Cathedral Parish
• Deacon Chuck Kanaszka serves as the liaison between the ministries/organizations and the pastor/parish staff. Request to schedule events as well as any fundraisers should be made to him. Deacon Chuck will bring the information to those on the staff that are in need of making decisions concerning the request.
• Requests to use the Cathedral’s West Courtyard and in front of St. Benedict’s Church to distribute information, sell tickets or other merchandise must be made no less than three (3) weeks in advance of the dates (s) that the ministry/organization seeks. Requests are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Generally, only one (1) ministry/organization at a time will be permitted to use the Courtyard for such purposes.
• The ministry/organization is responsible for obtaining tables/chairs and any other items required for display of information/merchandise. [P.N. – Tables, that are stored in the courtyard are for the exclusive use of the Coffee/Doughnut Ministry. There are tables that can be made available. These are stored in the rectory garage.]
• At the conclusion of any fundraiser, an accounting of the income and expenses should be submitted to the pastor no less than sixty (60) days following the event. All money and transactions must be coordinated through the Cathedral Parish’s Finance/Bookkeeping Department.
• Per Church Law, the pastor is an ex officio member of all boards, committees and councils of the parish. When a meeting will require the attendance of the pastor please notify him as soon as possible – generally a month’s notice is safe.
• All speakers for events that are sponsored by the parish or a parish-based committee, council or board must be approved by the pastor. This includes any invitations made to clergy who will be asked to (1) celebrate the sacred liturgy and/or (2) make a presentation or speech. [P.N. – In Church protocol, only the pastor may invite the Bishop of the Diocese of St. Augustine as well as priests and deacons. Only the Bishop of the Diocese of St. Augustine may invite other bishops.]
• Ministries/Organizations that desire to make contributions to charitable institutions or causes must receive permission of the pastor. Such contributions are to be included in the annual budget request of the ministry/organization. This includes, but is not limited to, charity golf tournaments, sponsorships, dinners, etc.